Watts47
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/last-minute-tax-break-could-enrich-trump-and-gop-leaders/ar-BBGNqTV?li=BBnb7Kz
The provision, said experts, would offer a special tax cut to LLCs with few employees and large amounts of depreciable property assets, namely buildings: rent generating apartment and office buildings.
“If you’ve got an LLC that’s a trade or business with a bunch of real estate holdings and few employees, think you’re now golden. You get the deduction.”
I wonder what other surprises will be in store for us as time marches on.
goofy60
My guess is lots and lots. Some of them intended and some not.
Isn't it great that the cuts for business are permanent and those for individuals are temporary and expire in a few years.
Also, isn't it great how the GOP complained for years about the deficit, but have no problem running it up to give their buddies a tax cut. Of course, before the ink is even dry they will get the deficit religion again and then just "have" to cut SS and medicare/medicaid to reduce it.
Catamount
Who you callin' surprised, kemosabe?
I can predict a few more steps in the near part of time's march, so that maybe they will not be surprises for you.
Unless you prefer surprises, then of course I won't tell. Until after it's too late. Actually, it probably is already.
And then I won't be able to say I told you so, which I've always hated saying. I hope some day I'm wrong. ;-)
Last update on December 19, 8:29 am by Catamount.
goofy60
Here is another quote that I liked.
"It took years before students defrauded by Trump U and hard working contractors stiffed by the Trump Org realized they’d been collectively swindled. How long before Trump voters wise up and understand that Trump and the GOP basically just took their money?"
Watts47
I would imagine it will be decades before those that voted for 45, really feel the truth.
To quote the saying often attributed to Mark Twain.
"it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"
I am sure some will carry the fact that they have been fooled to the grave before admitting that
it may have been some of 45's policies that sent them there